Having consistently healthy hair can be challenging without the right regimen. I often hear clients complain about “starting over” or having to do the “big chop” because of one mistake, or listening to a YouTube tutorial. Here are some essential hair tips for achieving that hair salon look you deserve.
Tips for Healthy Hair
Choose a professional, licensed hair stylist with experience!
- The right hair stylist can save you money.
- Make sure they have a social media presence and a lot of recommendations.
- Visit often for a healthy trim, a style hair cut, extensions, and even a deep conditioning.
- Ask questions and listen to their advice - it’s a team effort - your hair stylist should have your back!
Always have a back up hair stylist!
- In case your go-to is unavailable, have another hair stylist as a backup.
- Depend on your backup for simple services like bang trims and blowouts - to ensure you still look your best!
Schedule standing appointments!
- If you have a consistent work schedule, be sure to book your appointments in advance.
- Try not to book appointments the same day as events.
- “Stay ready, so you won’t have to get ready” is my motto!
Talk to your hair stylist about the right products and tools for your hair!
- Discover which products work best at the hair salon and which products to keep at home.
- Going shopping for tools is MAJOR, stylists are only as good as their tools… and then skill.
- Professional tools and products are half the battle and struggle when you have to do your own hair.
- Avoid scissors and chemicals at home, let your stylist take care of that hair cut and style!
Hair accessories are a huge help between wash days!
- There are many to choose from, so have fun with this!
- Ask your stylist for their recommendations.
- Experiment and try ones you’ve never tried before.
Mika’s go-to hair clips and more!
- Clip-ins to add length, volume, and highlights without coloring your natural hair.
- “Ready Buns” - clip on buns perfect for slick back styles to show off a great pair of earrings or a new shade of lipstick.
- Faux ponytails for updo styles or to enhance the length of your natural ponytail.
- Wigs to completely change your look without damaging your hair. You can get really creative purchasing them from a local beauty supply store in various lengths and colors.
I hope these hair tips help to keep you on a healthy hair regimen. Follow these tips and use the best shampoo and conditioner, and you will be on your way to stylish, healthy hair - always.